Monday, December 11, 2006

God answers prayers

Patience does have its rewards! That is one thing that I have to work on daily when I pray for or about something. I must remind myself that it is in God's time, not mine that my prayers will be answered. Of course, sometimes the answer is also, No. The reason for this blog is that one of our prayers was answered this past weekend! As most of you know, Caisha is taking piano lessons. In order for her to practice at home her teacher lent her a small electronic keyboard....nothing fancy, but effective. Caisha is now getting into moving her hand positions up and down the keys and having to play loud and soft. Both these things are not possible on the little keyboard. She has been praying every night for a piano for the last 6 months. I, too, prayed about this because I was not sure how we would ever afford a piano, even a used one! On Friday Louis came home from work and told me that he got us a piano! A co-worker of his had a piano that she REALLY wanted out of her house. She was giving it away free to anyone willing to pick it up and move it out of her house! Louis jumped on that opportunity right away and told her he could have it out of her house the next day! He spent part of his evening at work, talking to his friends and calling them to see if they would be available the next day to help move a piano. We also had one volunteer their horse trailer to transport the piano in!! All in all he got 7 guys to move the piano and haul it from Ames to Boone! We were blessed with warm, sunny, dry weather and a great group of friends! Saturday morning they all delivered it to our house! It is beautiful! I would guess that it is made of cherry wood and pretty old; at least 75+ years old. It is an upright and is a perfect fit for our house! I could not have asked for a more beautiful piece of furniture. It is exactly the type of piano I wanted! Caisha has played on it every day, multiple times. I have played a bit myself and have surprised myself at how quickly it all comes back to me! God does work miracles every day and this one was a big one for us! It strengthens my faith and hope that God does want to give me the things I want and need. I just have to be patient and trust in Him! Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

No comments: