Wednesday, September 27, 2006

First Baby Appointment

This morning Louis and I went in for our first baby appointment! Everything went real well and we got to hear the babies HEARTBEAT! Everything seems more "real" now. Initially, I seemed to have gained a bit of weight, but I have leveled off. I think my body just got excited about being pregnant again and just remembered from 8 and 10 years ago what it is suppose to do. I've probably gained about 4-6 pounds and I am 11 weeks along. Dr. Lines says that my uterus is the perfect size for how far along I am, which made me feel better. I was a little concerned at how quickly I started to show that maybe I was carring twins, but it doesn't seem to be the case. *Phew* As we were listening to the heartbeat, the baby was moving around, too! It was so cool! I can't physically feel the baby move yet, so it was neat to hear it move around. I will be going in for an ultrasound the end of November to check the babies heart as our families have histories of heart problems. I am sure that Louis will ask to know what the babies sex is at that time. I am still unsure that I want to know ahead of time. I kind of like the suprise! Although, it would be cool to see if I am right about my hunch that it is a boy, along with one of Louis' co-workers who is right about these things 90% of the time. We are both soooo excited!

No comments: