Thursday, November 08, 2007

Cars!?@!?@!

I am no longer a fan of Saturn! Especially their SUV the Vue. I have had 2 of them now which I bought both brand new. The first one was a 2004. About 1 1/2 years after I purchased it the clutch slave cylinder went out on it so I could no longer shift. It was a 5 speed manual, which is one of the reasons I bought it. The Vue is the only SUV that comes with a stick. Anyway, the factory warranty expired at 30,000 miles. I had close to 60,000 miles on it so it was 100% out of pocket to fix. It was going to cost me over $600 with parts and labor, but I got them to drop the labor charges and ended up paying around $275. Shortly after that we traded the 2004 in on a 2006. Well, now just a mere 1 1/2 years later something major goes wrong with this one!! The Body Control Modular went out! This nifty little (computerized) gadget basically runs the car! It is going to cost us $550 to fix this! And of course, I have too many miles on the car so the warranty no longer covers it!! I now no longer have any money for Christmas, which I had been saving up for a year now! We were lucky that Louis' car had not sold yet so he is able to drive that in the meantime. I give up on buying new! I thought I would avoid costly "fixes" on a new car! Doesn't seem to be working that way. I am just sooo frustrated right now. I really don't want to pay the $550 to fix the Vue, but we still have over $12,000 left to pay on it and I don't think I could even get that much if I sold it private party! The trade-in on it is only about $11,000 which we have no reason to trade it in because we still have Louis' Taurus. I am very disappointed with Saturn. It seems that when something goes wrong it is always something major! Just ask Colette and Nathan!
Anyway, that is my piece. Don't buy an SUV from Saturn!!

No comments: