Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Family Updates

Wyatt is now almost 7 months old! How do they grow up soooo fast? He has his first two teeth and he is already wearing 12 month size clothes! He has started to pull himself up on stuff now, so it will only be a matter of time before he is cruising the furniture and then walking. AAAACCCKKKK! I am not ready for that!
Caisha and Zach have auditioned for a couple plays now. Caisha got a role in "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" with one of the local Children's Theatres. It was her first audition ever and she did amazing! I was so proud of her! She was pretty nervous and almost didn't even try, but I convinced her to at least go to the audition and see what it was all about. That way she can't beat herself up later with "Why didn't I just do it?" or "I wish I had done it anyway!" She was offered a non-speaking role as one of Aslan's followers (w/ a chance of a line or two). The other play is a locally written script with our community theatre in Boone. Both Caisha and Zach auditioned. Caisha was much more confident this time and has been offered a speaking part. Zach psyched himself out pretty bad, but still auditioned. He did very well for his first time. He has been offered a non-speaking part. I just found out this morning that they have been offered these roles, so the kids don't know yet. I know Caisha will be thrilled! I am not sure how Zach will feel. He wasn't too sure he wanted to sing and dance, which is what his part would require. He'll have to decide.
Work is REAL slow right now and I keep contemplating going a different route with a career. I am just not sure what it would be. I feel like I am not doing what I absolutely love! I don't know if it is because of the economical slump in the region or if it is because I would rather be home with Wyatt? Or both, I suppose! I've been thinking about being around horses a lot lately and wonder if I shouldn't find a job related to that? I've wanted a horse my entire life and I am starting to feel like I will never have one while I can really enjoy it! I had thought (and hoped) that I would have a horse by now, and I don't see being able to get one any time soon! It is rather depressing. Money is a struggle right now, so I feel a little trapped in my job because without me working we could not make ends meet. But I think the biggest factor in how I am feeling right now is how stressed I am about refinancing our house. It has taken us almost 3 months to get it done....and we still haven't finalized it yet!! I was so excited about being able to paint the house, fix the crawl space, replace our doors with more energy efficient ones and to re-roof the kitchen! Now I am almost ready to just forget it all if it will speed up the refinancing process! Buying a house wasn't stressful for me at all, so I didn't think refinancing would be that big a deal. Now I know that it is a big deal!
Other than the stress factor, we are doing great! Wyatt makes me laugh every day! Caisha and Zach continue to make me proud and Louis is always there to support me. I suppose with all that and God, I will survive and thrive!

No comments: