Monday, October 01, 2007

Back to work :(

It was back to work for me on July 16th. I cried that morning.......It was sooo hard to leave Wyatt! My boss, Mike, has been great, though. He has allowed me to come back to work 30 hours a week instead of 40 hours. I work 8:30am - 2:30pm. This way Wyatt doesn't have to go to daycare at all! I meet Louis at his work around 2:30p to pick up Wyatt, then go pick up the other kids from school. I am really enjoying these hours. I am able to get the kids to school in the morning & not have to feel rushed to get to work, and then I leave work at about the time I start to feel sleepy. It's amazing how quickly I wake up once I step outside! I'm getting more time with the kids & I have more time to work in my garden now! I know my stress level has gone down, which makes us all happier! You know the saying: "If Mama ain't happy, nobody is happy!" I still don't get as much sleep as I would like. Mostly because of Wyatt, but sometimes, the only time Louis and I can connect is late at night! We are making it work, though. In the long run it is saving us money. If I worked 40 hours/week, Wyatt would have to be in daycare and the other kids would have to go back to Kids Club and I would make around $150 less a year! It just doesn't make sense to me to go back to 40 hours! I really hope things stay pretty slow at work so Mike won't need me to come back full-time. If he requests that I come back 40 hours/week, I will have to tell him it's either a minimum $2/hour raise or I leave. I can't make it make sense otherwise. Another plus at work right now is that Mike has taken on a few residential homes projects. They give me the opportunity to design kitchens again! I'm loving that!

No comments: