Friday, October 05, 2007

Weekly Schedule

Hey Everybody! Now that school has resumed for the last month or so, the kids and I have sort of settled into a weekly routine. Louis still has mixed feelings about all the "running around" that I do each week, but honestly, I don't think it is that much. Especially compared to some of my co-workers and friends! This is a run-down of a typical week at the Johnson household! For the sake of clarity I will start on a Monday.

Ok, Monday morning the kids and I are up around 6:30am. Me....sometimes I am up by 6am if Wyatt decides it's time to rise and shine! I try to be downstairs to eat breakfast by 7am, but that doesn't always happen. There have been many mornings that I don't get breakfast at home. I much prefer the mornings that Wyatt sleeps in. Although, I do miss seeing his smiling face before I leave for work! If Wyatt is awake before the kids and I leave (by 7:20am) then Louis has to wake up. As you know, he works evenings (3pm-11pm), so this is not his favorite time! Caisha has to be to school before 8am which is the start of her first class. So far we have managed to only be late 2 times this year. Zach doesn't have to be in his classroom until 8:15am so most mornings he will choose to eat breakfast at school. Both kids are much better about being organized to head out the door in the morning than they have been in the past. They have also been a big help with Wyatt if he is awake that early. After dropping off the kids, I head to work, many times stopping at the gas station or grocery store on the way. I'm at work by 8:30am. At 2:25p I head out to meet Louis at his work to "exchange" Wyatt as he heads into work. Now the days for that vary depending on when Louis has his days off. Some days, if he is off, I work until 2:45p then pick up the kids, unless it is Friday, in which case, I work until 4p because Zach has soccer practice right after school until 4:30p. Caisha will spend that time with her friend Nancy. If Louis works that day, I meet him to get Wyatt then run errands until I have to pick up the kids at 4:30p. Ok....confused yet? I know, I know, I jumped ahead to Friday! Most weeks, Monday and Wednesday we are home by 3:45p. Tuesdays both Caisha and Zach have soccer practice and Zach has piano lessons. Caisha has soccer at 5p - 6:30p and Zach has piano at 5p -5:30p and then soccer at 5:45p - 7p. Tuesdays are our late day home. Wednesdays are our "free" days. Thursdays Caisha has soccer at 5p-6:30p. I will pick up the kids right after school and head home for about an hour to get something to snack on and a little downtime before we have to head back to Gilbert for Soccer. Zach will usually come with to Gilbert and play at a friends house while Caisha is at practice. Wyatt and I tend to go for walks or just hang out in the car and park. Sometimes I might have and errand or two to run in Ames during that time. Saturday mornings Zach has his soccer games. Then the afternoon and evening are open. Caisha has her soccer games Sunday afternoons. Because her team is one of the better teams in the area her games tend to be near/in Des Moines where the bigger schools are. Louis really doesn't like that I drive her almost an hour to her games! I love to go to her games and I am really starting to enjoy going to Zach's, also. It's fun to see them play and improve each week!
Well, there is our typical week until the end of October......then soccer is done and the only after school activity will be Zach's piano lessons on Tuesdays. Louis will be a little happier then. Neither of the kids have much interest in any of the sports offered in the winter, which is just fine by me. It gives me a couple months of no running around for them until Spring sports start up! Then it's back to busy, busy, busy! I'm enjoying all of it! I'd rather be busy than bored!

No comments: