Thursday, July 13, 2006

FestAg - Minnesota Lake, MN

Yesterday I was a part of a great celebration in the little town of Minnesota Lake, MN. This town has a population of about 681 people, so I was, of course, right at home! I was a part of the parade 2 years ago and was amazed at the turn out of spectators. It was the same this year! They say that close to 10,000 people visit FestAg over the 3 day celebration! I was honored to be one of the judges for the Miss FestAg Pageant this year. What a GREAT group of ladies! These girls were all around 16 or 17 years old. I can honestly say that I never had the poise or confidence that these girls have at that age! It was a tough descision for all of us judges to pick just 3 girls to represent their town. I know that any one of them could have done a wonderful job! Our final pick was McCall Bisel. I look forward to seeing more of this young lady!(Look for future posts of this pageant!) The other 3 judges for the contest where so much fun. They made it a very enjoyable first-time experience for me. I only wish that I could have stayed longer and enjoyed the dance and food! And, No Kevin, I am still not naming my next child after you! :-P I regret that I was unable to catch up with ex co-workers from Wells, but it was great to see them along the parade route! I hope that I will be invited back in the coming years to judge. Thanks Sharon!!

No comments: