Monday, July 24, 2006

What a weekend

Have you ever driven 19 hours in a day? I don't recommend it! I did just that on Friday(7-21) when I went to pick Caisha up from her Dad's in Oklahoma. I left around 7am on Friday and got back home at 3am on Saturday. I had thought I might stop for the night, but I was feeling pretty good so I kept going. I think I was hyped up on enough caffeine from coffee that I stayed awake. I didn't have any problems keeping my eyes open, but my body was starting to protest after about 12 hours....mostly the shoulders and neck. I was so proud of Zach, though. He went the whole way with me and didn't complain once! That's pretty good for an 8 year old! The last hour or so was the hardest, mostly because I knew I was almost home! I did miss one turn in that last hour because I was talking with Louis. He has a way of doing that to me! I went 5 miles past my turn before I figured it out. It was dark out....that is my excuse! We all made it home safe and sound and fell right into bed. I definately felt the effects when I woke up! Lots of stretching for me the next couple days! I am proud of the fact that I still accomplished a lot on my yard this past weekend. It was a great way to recover from Friday.

No comments: