Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Branson, MO

It's been awhile since I've had the chance to update my site! Things picked up at work and I had a few events going on that took me away from the computer. Anyway, August 10-12 I was in Branson, MO with Louis, the kids and Jack & Lynne. It was a lot of fun! The kids, Louis and Lynne headed down to Branson on the 7th, so they got a whole week there! I drove down Wednesday night with Jack. It was great to spend that much time with my father-in-law. I think it is the longest we have been together at one time! I learned a lot about him and found that Louis is a lot like his dad....especially on how their thought processes work! Branson was a great time! I wasn't there long enough, though! There was so much more that I wanted to see. We went to Silver Dollar City and the kids really enjoyed the water rides and park.... so did Grandpa Jack and Louis! It brought out the kid in both of them! All 3 kids and Grandpa and Louis were soaked through on the second day we were there! I know the kids really enjoyed that time with their Grandpa Jack! While the men (loosely used in this instance) and kids had water fights, Lynne and I purused the shops. We purchased some items, but mostly browsed. I don't think we even saw 1/4 of the shops that were there! The second day we were there we had the old fashioned tin-type picture taken. They turned out great! Zach, of course, had to be a Union soldier and Grandpa and Louis followed suit. They were very dashing! All of us girls wore beautiful gowns. The picture is set up to look like the parlor of a colonial house, which seemed appropriate since the house we own is from that era. The girls (Nala and Caisha) were very excited about wearing the beautiful dresses! I have the picture of our family hanging in my living room now. Grandma Lynne and Grandpa Jack got one of all of us together and one with just the grandkids. They all turned out beautiful! The third day we went to Silver Dollar City, we took the Marvel Cave tour. Zach and Grandma opted to walk around the park instead. The cave was amazing! And the history is very interesting. Louis and I would like to go back and do the lantern tour of the cave which lasts over 2 hours! At the end of the afternoon, Grandma, Grandpa and the kids all headed to Arkansas to see some friends and drop Zach off with his dad, then they headed back home on Sunday. Louis and I headed back home on Saturday afternoon so we could relax a little bit before he had to work Sunday afternoon. All in all it was a great time....drive time and all!!

No comments: