Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Lainee Renae

This past weekend I went to visit my younger brother, Nathan and his wife, Emily in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin to see Lainee. What a precious little girl!! I wanted to take her home with me. :) I started out on Friday afternoon around 3:30pm, thinking that I would get to Nathan's around 8:30pm. Well, the directions I printed up from Yahoo! were wrong! I missed my turn in Dubuque because the directions said to "bear right on Wall Street". There was no Wall Street. I needed to turn left on Locust Street. Anyway, I ended up East of Galena, IL without anyway of going North, so I had to turn back around and backtrack to Galena where I found a road going north, so I hoped it would take me to Hwy 151 that I needed to be on. I'm not sure how out of my way I ended up, but I did get hooked up with 151 eventually. I finally made it to Nathan's around 10pm. Of course, to make this adventure more fun, I had forgotten my cell phone at home. Luckily I have OnStar in my car so I was able to call Dad to get Nathan's phone number. But Dad couldn't find the address book that Mom keeps that info in, so I never did get Nathan's number. When I got to BeaverDam, it was dark and there was a little road construction and I got all turned around, but suprisenly I found their house! Of course, they had been worried about me and had called Mom and Dad's to get my car phone number, but I hadn't left that with Dad, so they couldn't get a hold of me either. Anyway, it all turned out ok. I got to hold Lainee that night for the first time. It was Heaven! She slept most of the day on Saturday, but I still got in a lot of time holding her. Sunday she was awake most of the morning. She was so good! Just taking in all the sounds and movements around her. I even got a refresher course in changing diapers! Now I want a baby of my own even more than before!(if it's possible) It was great to catch up on things with Nathan and Emily and see there wonderful new house and all the work that they have put into it. It looks great! Nathan's going to have to come out and give me a hand on my house! :P The weekend came to an end way to soon, but I didn't miss any turns on the way home and made it home in a little over 5 hours, which is what it should be! Hopefully my weekend around a newborn will give my body some ideas! I'll keep you posted on that!

Side Note: Pictures of Lainee will be coming soon!

No comments: